White Colne, Essex
A beautifully secluded farm location and lake views right outside - Water Lily Lodge will introduce you to the hidden countryside of the Colne Valley
Please note that the minimum stay for this property is 2 nights
A short drive from Colchester, Water Lily Lodge enjoys the picturesque surroundings of the Colne Valley. This lakeside lodge is big enough for six and is perfect for those seeking peace and quiet in the south east – it’s located amongst the woodlands of Teybrook Farm.
With a private deck extending over the water’s edge, Water Lily Lodge is a fine place to spend a warm summer evening. You may even see a swan or two glide by as you relax in the lake-side hot tub. By arrangement, you can also fish on the lake, or simply wander as you please through the farm’s 20 acres of woodland.
Step inside through the patio doors and you have a large living area with TV, with a full view of the lake through the floor-to-ceiling windows. The kitchen forms part of this open-plan space, with a dining table large enough to accommodate everyone when it’s time to eat. It’s equipped with a dishwasher, fridge freezer, oven and some sleek-looking storage units too.
As well as a shower room, Water Lily Lodge features three bedrooms – a king-size and twin room can be found on the ground floor, with a further twin up on the mezzanine.
The stunning location will make you feel as if you are miles from anywhere, but there is plenty to see and do within the area. There are some excellent country pubs within a couple of miles, perfect for an afternoon stroll and a pint. Colchester – Britain’s oldest town, they say – is around seven miles from Water Lily Lodge. You can look into its 2000 years of history at several museums or pay a visit to Colchester Castle. There is also the zoo and the beautiful Beth Chatto Gardens to see.
Water Lily is well placed to explore the beautiful Essex coastline. Head to Mersea Island, a peaceful spot with views across the Blackwater Estuary, where you can swim, walk along the beach and sample fresh off the boat seafood and oysters.
Closer in land there are also some excellent restaurants in Colchester and, nearer still, in Great Tey – including the Barn Brasserie. After a day of exploring, Water Lily Lodge will be a pleasure to return to, so why not go and discover the surprises of North Essex for yourself?
The price (based on two guests) is:
£220 per night mid week (January)
£240 per night mid week
£260 per night weekend
Additional guests charged at £20 per person per night
Don't charge more in the school holidays
*10% discount for 4+ nights*
• 20% non-refundable deposit to secure the booking
• Full balance due 30 days before arrival
• After full balance has been paid 30 days before arrival the full amount becomes non-refundable
• Should guests wish to move bookings after 30 days. Whether they incur any charges will up to our discretion
• Holding deposit - £200.00. This will be refunded within ten days of the check out date, provided there is no damage, excessive mess or complaints about noise. The deposit can only be refunded to the card used to make the initial payments
• There is a £30 charge p/pet p/stay. Pets are allowed in the property at your own risk but please ensure they are clean before they enter. You will be responsible for any damage or mess that may be caused by them.
From Previous Guests
Have you stayed here?Leave a review
An absolutely beautiful location, lovely view from outdoor decking. Couldn’t fault in any way! Getting another date booked soon to bring family.
Stayed August 2018
You may also like
You may also like
Water Lily Lodge features in these posts