Coolstays Safe Payment Guarantee is designed to help you feel confident using our site to make enquiries and arrange bookings with our owners.
We list properties from hundreds of independent property owners - many of whom will ask for payment in advance into their personal bank account, and we appreciate you may have concerns about making a payment in this way.
Coolstays Safe Payment Guarantee is our way of assuring you we are confident your money is going to a legitimate property owner, so your money is safe and protected from fraud.
We guarantee your payment to the owner up to the value of £5000.
You are only covered if:
- You have enquired and completed your booking arrangements with the property owner using our messaging system (It is OK to receive and complete a booking form from their private email address).
- The owner has confirmed the price for your stay and how to pay them using our communication system (not via telephone or private email between you and them).
What isn’t covered:
Dispute between you and an owner including:
- If any security deposit is withheld for whatever reason
- Where you feel the property is significantly different from what is described on the listing
- Dispute over cancellation and refunds - This is not cancellation insurance. Your booking will always be subject to the owner’s terms and conditions which you must be aware of, especially cancellation and refund terms
In the unlikely event of a complaint or dispute we always ask you first to contact the owner or manager to attempt to resolve a dispute directly with them. We are of course always available to advise you in these circumstances.