Classic bistro chic meets country pub atmosphere at this delightful Cheshire inn with sumptuous, boutique bedrooms.
The Roebuck is owned and managed by Reservations.
Guests arriving at The Roebuck are greeted with cascading wisteria, pots of lavender hanging from fence posts and white wooden shutters which give a continental flavour to this lovely grade II listed property.
French bistro elegance is combined with a traditional country pub atmosphere to create memorable stays for guests who will adore the beautifully designed bedrooms.
Outside, the pretty, quintessentially English garden is tiered and furnished with outdoor tables, chairs and umbrellas - for keeping the midday sun at bay. Sweet peas and geraniums spill from the window boxes and plant pots and a wander around the grounds will reveal separate terraces for a more private experience. Guests will find the promise of long summer evenings in this pretty spot irresistible.
When bedtime beckons, there are six rustic boutique style rooms to chose from and they are all named after varieties of wine - Picpoul, Pecorino, Grenach, Bobal, Malbec and Verdejo. They have all been sumptuously, and uniquely, decorated in a bohemian style. Wooden floorboards, shutters and panelled feature walls are complimented with lush fabrics and extravagant features such as deep leather armchairs, huge gilt framed mirrors and freestanding roll top baths. The Grenache and Verdejo have showers only. All rooms have stylish, solid wood beds, dressed with crisp linens a multitude of scatter cushions and soft throws.
Gold architrave frames entrance ways which lead to exquisite bathrooms and many of the rooms have useful twin basins. The Bobal and Pecorino boast cosy fireplaces with log burners. Original artworks adorn the walls and candelabras hang from the ceilings, the rooms are bursting with character and individuality and have been extremely tastefully and thoughtfully designed.
Food is served either outside in the garden or in the intimate bistro style dining room, the varied menu ensures all tastes are catered for. An intimate bar entices guests to taste the large range of drinks available - from aperitifs to port and pudding wines with great ranges of draught beers and extensive wine lists in between.
The Roebuck Inn is situated in the lovely village of Mobberley in the heart of the Cheshire countryside. Guests can stroll to its nearby sister pub, The Church Inn, for similarly warm welcomes, great food and an impressive drinks menu. Iconic Jodrell Bank, home of the incredible Lovell telescope, makes for a fascinating day trip and is just a short drive away.
Manchester Airport - 33 mins
1. Verdejo (Comfy) Ground Floor Walk-in shower room Accessible room and facilities Single Occupancy: £90 a night Sunday – Friday / £135 a night Saturday Double Occupancy: £125 a night Sunday - Friday / £150 a night Saturday A comfortable room with a large bed, an arm chair, additional bench seating, double sinks and a large walk-in wet room.
2. Malbec (Cosy) Ground Floor Roll-top bath, shower over bath only Single Occupancy: £85 a night Sunday – Friday / £125 a night Saturday Double Occupancy: £115 a night Sunday - Friday / £140 a night Saturday A cosy, characterful room with a large bed, an arm chair and a pretty dressing table. A b ay window frame s a roll top bath.
3. Picpoul (Roomy) Upstairs Shower and roll-top bath, Bridal Suite for Wedding Bookings Single Occupancy: £115 a night Sunday – Friday / £175 a night Saturday Double Occupancy: £145 a night Sunday - Friday / £195 a night Saturday One of our more opulent bedrooms, with a large bed, fireplace, double sofa and freestanding wardrobe. Walk up a small flight of stairs for a bath which overlooks the gardens, double sinks and a separate shower.
4. Bobal (Comfy) Upstairs Roll-top bath, shower over bath Romantic room with a log burner Single Occupancy: £90 a night Sunday – Friday / £135 a night Saturday Double Occupancy: £135 a night Sunday - Friday / £150 a night Saturday Our cosiest room! A log burner sits in between the foot of the large bed and the roll top bath. With a separate bathroom area, double sinks, a dressing table and some bench seating.
5. Pecorino (Roomy) Upstairs Shower and roll-top bath Bridal Suite for Wedding Bookings Romantic Room with log burner Single Occupancy: £115 a night Sunday – Friday / £175 a night Saturday Double Occupancy: £145 a night Sunday - Friday / £195 a night Saturday One of our more opulent bedrooms, with a large bed, log burner, two armchairs and a separate bathroom area, complete with double sinks, roll top bath and separate shower.
6. Grenache (Comfy) Upstairs Shower only Single Occupancy: £90 a night Sunday – Friday / £135 a night Saturday Double Occupancy: £125 a night Sunday - Friday / £150 a night Saturday A bright, airy corner room, complete with large bed, an arm chair, a separate shower and double sinks in front of a large mirror.
Be The First To Leave A Review
Have you stayed here?Leave a review
You may also like
The Roebuck features in these posts