Stunning 15th century farmhouse, cottage and barn, complete with pool - Sleeping up to 18, it is the perfect Kent family retreat.
Manor Farmhouse is listed with us by the managing agent Olivers Travels.
Manor Farmhouse is comprised of three buildings. The main farmhouse is a traditional 15th century thatched, timber framed property sleeping 7 guests. There are also 2 other properties: Stable Cottage sleeping 6 guests and The Barn sleeping 5 guests and containing the leisure complex.
Situated in the midst of the charming village of Milstead, the house is nestled between the Church of St Mary and the Holy Cross, the Manor House and the village cricket green. It is only three miles from the town of Sittingbourne. Faversham is close by and a little further is the popular coastal town of Whitstable and the cathedral city of Canterbury. This area of the north downs is classified as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and is also known as the Garden of England.
Manor Farmhouse is approached through electric gates into a large courtyard around which are arranged The Farmhouse, Stable Cottage and The Barn. There is a leisure complex within The Barn which consists of a billiard room with snooker and pool balls, a library and sauna. On the first floor is a cinema room seating 18 with a large flat screen surround sound TV, DVD, CD, Laser Disc, VCR, Stereo.
There is an outdoor heated swimming pool set within a sunken walled garden (heated between 1 May and 30 September). The property has beautifully landscaped gardens with a water feature and views to the village cricket pitch and adjacent orchards.
**The friendly owners provide a welcome hamper which is sufficient for enjoying a couple of glasses of wine on the evening of arrival, and the ingredients for having a cooked breakfast the following morning, meaning that you don't necessarily have to rush out to stock the fridge immediately on arrival!
Manor Farmhouse is situated in the midst of the charming village of Milstead, nestled between the Church of St Mary and the Holy Cross, the Manor House and the village cricket green.
Only three miles from the town of Sittingbourne, Faversham is close by and a little further takes guests to the popular coastal town of Whitstable and the cathedral city of Canterbury.
This area of the north downs, which is classified as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, is also known as the Garden of England. This is a perfect location for a family gathering to celebrate a special milestone or just to get together for a relaxing break.
London Gatwick, 1 hour
- Entrance hall, drawing room, dining room and kitchen/breakfast room.
- The Drawing Room has two fireplaces and wood burning stoves. The Dining Room has seating for 18 with a wood burning stove and former bread oven. The Kitchen/Breakfast room has a small table seating 6 and an oil-fired cast iron range, and to the rear, a seating area and doors lead outside.
- Double bedroom with cot (with duvet and sheets), wardrobe, armchair, baby changing mat
- Bathroom with loo, sink, air bath, toiletries given
- Double bedroom with wardrobe and ensuite bathroom (bath, loo, sink and toiletries)
- Single bedroom with wardrobe/cupboard and chest of drawers
- Double bed, wardrobe, armchair and ensuite bathroom (loo, sink, bath)
- All these bedrooms have french doors that open out on to the wrap around deck.
- Manor Farmhouse has many amenities to make your stay as comfortable as possible, the property comes equipped with oil central heating, 3 wood bruning stove, an electriv hob and ove, microwave, fridge, freezer and dishwasher. There is a 42 inch flat screen TV in the drawing room with a freeview box and an 18" TV in the kitchen.
- Cinema room with seating for 18 and large TV
The Stable Cottage | Annex 1 (wheelchair accessible):
The Stable cottage is in included in the rental price and cannot be booked separately. It comprises a vaulted reception area, a kitchen/dining area, gas fired central heating, an electric hob and oven, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer and flat screen TV.
- The open plan kitchen/dining area seats 6 people.
- The Master bedroom has a 6" zip and link bed with an en suite wet-room.
- Double bedroom and ensuite bathroom (bath, loo, sink)
- Double bedroom
- Both of these bedrooms have French doors that open out to the wrap around deck
The Barn | Annex 2 (ground floor):
Also included in the rental price and cannot be booked separately. The Barn has gas central heating, an electric hob and oven, mocrowave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer. There is a large rear projection TV with sky freeview package.
- Hall and dining area seating 6 people. Doors lead through from the dining area leading to the library which in turn leads to the billiard room.
- kitchen/breakfast room with utility area
- Twin bedroom with wardrobe, two armchairs, sauna
- Women’s bathroom with sink, loo and shower (small step to go in shower)
- Men’s bathroom with sink, loo and shower (small step to go in shower)
- Sauna and study with door leading to the deck
The Barn | Annex 2 (first floor):
- Cot in hallway
- Double bedroom with a 5" bed and a single bedroom with a 3"4" single bed
- Bathroom with a Jacuzzi bath
Be The First To Leave A Review
Have you stayed here?Leave a review
You may also like
Manor Farmhouse features in these posts