Centred around a lush Mediterranean garden, the inspired rooms of Casa Talia enjoy the finest views of historic Modica - all within easy reach of the coast
Please note that the minimum stay for this property is 2 nights
If the concept of ‘slowliving’ sounds like something you could get used to, a stay at Casa Talia is just what you need. Formed of a cluster of enticing rooms and suites with spectacular panoramic views of the Sicilian town of Modica, Talia has soaked up influences from the Mediterranean, Arabia and North Africa. It’s a harmonious mix, cleverly executed by architect couple Viviana and Marco.
In the style of a Moroccan riad, rooms at Casa Talia face a central garden. You will appreciate the thoughtful use of materials and contrasting textures, which nod to the traditions of the area – cane roofs, stone walls and tiled floors among them. Each has its own private entrance, and is equipped with air-conditioning, safe, TV, Wi-Fi and a minibar.
Even the ‘standard’ rooms are something special, with either direct garden access, a small balcony or use of a large shared terrace. All have their own unique décor and layout and, in some cases, views of the cathedral or castle. Among the design highlights, look out for floors of terracotta tiles or black stone in Ibla, Zenzero and Cedro, and the rustic stone walls and wooden beams of Zagare.
For something even more luxurious, the superior rooms Sirah, Agave and Mediterraneo (with the eye-catching blue and white tiled wall), offer more space and vibrant splashes of colour. Sirah’s private terrace is one you will be spending plenty of time on, with its view of Modica town taking some beating, while Agave’s looks out to the cathedral entrance.
At the top end, there’s the king suite Scirocco – with room for a cot alongside a double or two single beds – and the split-level Meridiana and Talia. All of these spacious suites have a private terrace with views of the garden and cathedral, and an intriguing mix of antique and modern furnishings. Need even more privacy? A pair of beautifully styled houses – cave-like Buendia, and Volo (with a glass bedroom) –complete the set.
The philosophy behind Casa Talia is to enjoy the sweet running of time, leaving behind the daily rhythms of the city. You should have no trouble embracing this, on a corner of the island with so much natural beauty to explore. Defined by Baroque architecture, Modica is surrounded by olive and carob tree-rich countryside and is itself impressively well-preserved. Regional food and wine makes it easy to eat well: breakfasts are recommended, while the artisanal chocolate of Modica is the stuff of local legend.
A 25-minute drive south takes you to the coastal town of Pozzallo, home of several of Sicily’s best-rated beaches. Numerous water-sports are on offer, including kite-surfing and sailing, as are hydrofoil trips to Malta… and it only takes around 90 minutes to reach Valletta.
Able to organise all kinds of tours, treats and events, Casa Talia is the perfect introduction to the flavours and fragrances of Sicilian life. You might arrive frazzled, but you will leave Casa Talia regenerated.
30 min. from COMISO Airport - 1h30 min. from CATANIA Airport
RATES 2019 a day
Accomodation + Breakfast included:
- Single room: Euro 130,00
- Double Room: Euro 160,00
- Superior Double Room: Euro 210,00
- Suite Double Room: Euro 230,00
- Suite Superior Double Room: Euro 250,00
- House Superior Deluxe Double: Euro 300,00 (the breakfast is not included, the breakfast will be extra 15,00 euro/person a day)
- House Suite Superior Deluxe Double: Euro 400,00 (the breakfast is not included, the breakfast will be extra 15,00 euro/person a day)
- Triple Room: Euro 260,00
- Triple Room Suite: Euro 280,00
- Triple Room Suite Superior: Euro 300,00
- House Superior Deluxe Triple: Euro 350,00 (the breakfast is not included, the breakfast will be extra 15,00 euro/person a day)
- House Suite Superior Deluxe Triple: Euro 450,00 (the breakfast is not included, the breakfast will be extra 15,00 euro/person a day)
- Quadruple room: Euro 330,00
- Quadruple room Superior: Euro 350,00
- House Superior Deluxe Quadruple: Euro 400,00 (the breakfast is not included, the breakfast will be extra 15,00 euro/person a day)
- House Suite Superior Deluxe Quadruple: Euro 500,00 (the breakfast is not included, the breakfast will be extra 15,00 euro/person a day)
Extra bed: Euro 50,00
Children up to 3 years old free.
The cancellation policy are:
until a month before no rates
from a month and 15 days befor 20% of total rates
from a 14 and 7 days befor 50% of total rates
from 7 days to last days before 100% of total rates.
The minimum stay for rooms is 2 nights.
The minimum stay for houses is 3 nights.
Be The First To Leave A Review
Have you stayed here?Leave a review
You may also like
You may also like
Casa Talia features in these posts