Traditional cottage built from Cotswold stone at the heart of the charming and historic village of Blockley.
Please note that the minimum stay for this property is 2 nights
Ropewalk Cottage is listed with us by the managing agent Olivers Travels.
Ropewalk is a traditional cottage built from Cotswold stone and found at the heart of the charming and historic village of Blockley. A stay here means you’ll be enjoying areas of outstanding natural beauty that are perfect for hikers, foodies and those just looking to get away from it all! It’s the ideal base from which to explore and enjoy the tranquility, stunning scenery and market towns of the Cotswolds with fantastic walks that start right at the cottage’s front door.
Ropewalk Cottage itself dates back to the 1880s, when it was occupied by silk mill workers during the heyday of Blockley’s textile industry. Recently renovated, this idyllic rural retreat comes complete with a wood-burning stove for whiling away your evenings in front of the fire with glass of wine in hand. The cottage sleeps up to 8 guests (with a maximum of 6 adults and 2 young children) in two doubles, one twin and a kid’s bedroom.
The village of Blockley, found in the hills of the North Cotswolds between Chipping Campden and Moreton-in-Marsh, is a true gem of an English village. It’s been designated as both an area of outstanding natural beauty and a conservation area, so you’ll be surrounded by idyllic countryside no matter the time of year. You’ll be invited to enjoy some warm and generous local hospitality thanks to the village’s thriving and friendly community, and Blockley's picturesque village green provides a peaceful rest stop and entertainment thanks to the bowling green and well-kept children’s area.
Birmingham International (51-60 km)
- Living/dining room: A three-seater leather sofa, a two-seater sofa and two accent chairs surround the wood burning stove that makes Winter evenings a thing to be cherished! A log delivery service is available to ensure you never run out of fuel, and the house also benefits from full central heating. For entertainment you’ll find a wall-mounted, 32-inch flatscreen TV with Freeview and DVD player, as well as a selection of books, DVDs and games. The dining area comes with an extendable table that seats a maximum of eight guests, and high speed wifi internet is available throughout the house.
- Kitchen: The fully-equipped modern kitchen comes complete with Nespresso coffee machine (capsules can be ordered or bought in M&S) and bread maker. For babies and toddlers, two high chairs and plastic crockery are provided. We also have the usual fridge-freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, oven, hob and microwave.
- Front bedroom: Double bed with double wardrobe, chest of drawers and travel cot with mattress available. The room offers fantastic views over the fields opposite with barely a building in sight.
- Rear bedroom: Twin beds with chest of drawers and hat rack with hanging space. Out of the window, you’ll find wonderful panoramic views of the Cotswold countryside.
- Family bathroom: Bath with overhead shower, basin, loo and heated towel rail.
- Front bedroom: Double bed with double wardrobe, dressing table and TV with Freeview. You can enjoy the same unbroken views over the fields as the room below, only with slightly better vantage point (so you may have to draw straws to see who gets which one!)
- Rear bedroom: Single bed with pull out bed underneath and a travel cot. Easily offers the best views in the house!
- Family shower room: Large shower with basin, loo and heated towel rail.
All bedrooms come complete with Egyptian cotton sheets and towels.
Outside you’ll find a garden with a small lawn area and a patio at the bottom for a table, chairs and a BBQ. You can set out on fantastic locals walks that start straight from the moment you leave the front door!
Be The First To Leave A Review
Have you stayed here?Leave a review
You may also like